Did you know that your smile can tell a great deal about you? Not only is it an indication of your mood at the moment, it can give dentists a clue to your overall health. Bad dental hygiene can result in complications like facial and oral pain, gum disease as well as a variety of mouth infections which can affect major organs of the body.
That is why practicing good dental hygiene and seeing a dentist regularly is crucial for people of all ages. The state-of-the-art practice of PK Cosmetic and Family Dentistry and our skilled professionals are focused on keeping your gums and teeth in tip top shape.
Habits that promote good oral health:
- Habits that promote good dental health: Brush two times a day: Brush for no less than 2 minutes, using fluoridated toothpaste.
- Floss daily: It removes plaque from places your toothbrush cannot reach.
- Replace your toothbrush: Do this every 3 months or when it appears warn.
- Regularly visit the dentist for exams and cleanings. This’s one of the more effective methods to identify the first symptoms of gum disease.
- Limit alcohol, coffee, and soda : Excess amounts are able to result in tooth decay.
- Drink milk: Milk contains calcium, which strengthens teeth and builds stronger enamel.
- Some carbs are okay: Despite their reputation, low carb diets may lead to bad breath. A healthy, dental healthy diet may help reduce tooth decay.
- Take a daily serving of vitamins D and C : These vitamins help support the absorption of healthy mouth minerals including phosphorus and calcium, which support the bone and gum tissue, keeping it healthy. This is a simple way to maintain dental hygiene and fight gum disease.
- Stay away from smokeless tobacco and cigarettes : These’re known to contribute to oral cancer and gum disease.