Implant Supported Dentures In Sterling VA
Implant-Supported Dentures in Sterling, VA
PK Cosmetic & Family Dentistry provides implant-supported dentures to our patients in Sterling, VA. Dental implants are among the best to provide comfortable, reliable tooth replacement therapy. We will guide you through the implant surgery process step-by-step, from your initial consultation to prosthesis delivery.
What are dental implants?
Dental implants are an excellent option for people with one or more missing teeth. They are made from a titanium screw placed into the jaw and serve as a root for an artificial tooth. They are one of the best methods to provide a comfortable, permanent solution for replacing missing teeth. Dental implants are surgically embedded into the jaw bone and anchor the artificial tooth. Like natural tooth roots, dental implants lie under the gum line and are not visible. Only the crown is visible and looks just like a natural tooth.
What are dentures?
Dentures are artificial teeth used to support missing teeth or gum tissues. They can be made from acrylic resin, porcelain, and metal materials. The teeth are supported by a gum-colored base made from plastic resin that fits the remaining bone ridge in the patient’s mouth. The artificial teeth projecting from the base look like natural teeth.
Dentures come in several different forms, including traditional dentures that are removable and permanent, implant-supported dentures:
- Removable partial dentures for people who are missing one or more teeth but don’t need an entire arch
- Temporary dentures/immediate dentures that are used for dental emergencies or in preparation for oral surgery
- Full removable dentures for complete tooth loss
- Implant-supported dentures for a permanent solution to missing teeth
- All-on-four dental implants are the entire dental bridge affixed to the upper or lower jaw with just four titanium screws.
No matter which type of dentures or dental implants you choose, the goal is to provide healthy teeth that work and function like natural teeth and promote good oral health. When you schedule a consultation with one of our doctors, they’ll help you decide if you are a good candidate for dental implants or if you need removable dentures. The current condition of your jaw bone, your specific needs, and your lifestyle will all be considered when deciding which solution is best for you. In some cases, the dentist may recommend temporary dentures to help a patient transition to a more permanent solution.
What are the benefits of implant-supported dentures to replace missing teeth?
Many patients are attracted to the option of a dental implant as a replacement for missing teeth because they are a permanent solution that is comfortable and convenient.
Here are just a few of the many benefits of implant-supported dentures:
- Since dental implants are permanently fixed to the jawbone, you don’t have to worry about dentures slipping when you are eating. In addition, they’re sturdy and won’t move around like removable dentures.
- There’s no need for messy and inconvenient adhesives that suction removable dentures into place. Instead, custom dentures supported by an implant are fixed by a sturdy titanium screw.
- You don’t have to remove them each night for cleaning and soaking. Implants are a mess-free, hassle-free solution. This means you can brush your teeth like normal each day!
- With implants, you can still eat your favorite foods. There’s no need to worry about sticky foods causing the dentures to detach or food getting stuck in the gums or underneath the dentures.
- When you wear traditional dentures, your bone mass deteriorates over time because the natural teeth aren’t there to support the jawbone. There’s less bone loss with implants because the artificial root acts like a natural tooth root.
With all these convenient benefits, you can see why many patients choose implant-supported dentures over traditional dentures to restore the health of their teeth and improve their smiles.
How to Know if Dentures Are Right for You
Your dentist will help you decide if implants are the right choice to restore the function of your teeth. For example, if you only have one missing tooth, you may need partial implants. In other cases, if you are missing all of your teeth or many teeth, you may need full implants to support the upper or lower jaw.
An ideal candidate for implant-supported dentures will meet all or most of the following criteria:
- have enough healthy jawbone to support the implant
- have healthy gum tissue and no periodontal disease
- be in good overall health
When new patients come in for their first appointment, our dentist will help you determine which option is best for you.
Call PK Cosmetic & Family Dentistry Today for Your Dental Implants
We are proud to offer implant-supported dentures in Sterling, VA. We are committed to supporting our patients through the entire procedure, from your first appointment to prosthesis placement.
To get started with getting implants, new patients should call or request an appointment online. We can’t wait to help you restore your confidence with a beautiful smile that looks and feels natural!